Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Portrait of Progress

I was surprised and impressed by The Digital Youth Portrait for Nafiza. Nafiza is so incredibly advanced that technology has become second nature in her life. I am the polar opposite of Nafiza. I just started utilizing something called "speaker phone" about a week ago!! I wish that was an exaggeration.

This video inspired me, and the main thing I took away from it is that technology is a tool not a technique of torture. Technology can actually help make things easier :O . My reaction to new computer programs or right- clicking tricks is always " ahh, confusing! I'll just do it the way I've always done it... that's easier". I now know that my mindset could not be further from the truth. I am making things 10 times harder by not embracing technology as Nafiza has.

When I finally become a teacher, I want to instill in my students that technology is something we are all lucky to have. I want them to know that it is something created to progress and better our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment